Renaming of Geographical Places and Streets in Slovenia 1945-1955
One of the visible, external signs of the change in political power in Slovenia, in 1945, was the renaming of geographical places and, especially, streets and public institutions. Before the Second World War, a large number of these were named after saints, religious orders, churches and other names of Christian origin. Some places carried German names and some streets the names of prominent personalities. The Communists, who were intolerant of any reminders of the past, zealously engaged in replacing the existing names with ideologically more suitable ones soon after coming in power.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).