Institute for Blind Children in Kočevje (1941-1944) and its Relocation to Ljubljana
The author describes how World War II influenced the life and education at the institute for blind children and youth, located in Kočevje since 1922. Since the beginning of the occupation until its relocation to Ljubljana in the end of 1944, this institute was called the (Regional) Institute for Blind Children in Kočevje. Of the many negative consequences of war, the author also underlines the aerial attacks on Kočevje and the damage the Institute suffered during these attacks, and describes the unavoidable relocation of the pupils and teachers to Ljubljana as well as the establishment of the Department of Blind Novices in Ljubljana.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).